- Brandenburg, Jim. Brother Wolf: A Forgotten Promise. Read by John Maclean. 1993.
NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box 1360, Minocqua, WI 54548.
- Bruchac, Joseph, Ann C. Cooper, Carol Ann Moorhead, and Sandra Chisolm
Robinson. 1995. Animal Tales from the Wonder Series. Read by
Selina Mia Barron, John Belindo, Joseph Bruchac, and Rita Lovato.
Denver Museum of Natural History Press.
Includes "The Mask of the Wolf" from The Wonder of Wolves by Sandra
- Friends of the Forest. 1997. Kamots the Wolf: A Rocky Mountain
A story for children about Kamots, a wolf of the captive Sawtooth Pack that
lives on Nez Pierce land in Idaho, and how he leads the pack and saves his
brother. Included is an advertisement for the Wolf Education and Research
Center. The tape comes with a small plush gray wolf.
- Houk, Randy. 1995. Wolves in Yellowstone. Narration and music by Tom
Chapin. The Benefactory, Inc., One Post Rd., Fairfield, CT 06430.
The true story is for children from preschool to second grade. The tape is sold
alone or with the book of the same name and/or gray wolf stuffed plush toy.
Also, see the video version below.
- Alaska Wolf Control: Live Wolves in Snares Being Shot.
1994. 35 minutes.
Alaska Wildlife Alliance, P.O. Box 202022, Anchorage, AK 99520.
This is the unedited videotape of the "Moody Creek Incident" by Dr. Gordon
Haber. After it was seen on local and national TV the Governor of Alaska shut
down the wolf control program upon being sworn into office the following
Monday morning. Please be advised that this is of a real and gruesome
- An Inside Perspective. 1999. 25 minutes. North American Wildlife
Park Foundation, Inc., Battle Ground, IN 47920.
Overview of Wolf Park, a wolf education and research facility.
- Artist & the Wolves.
1992. 30 minutes.
Twin Cities Public Television, The Minnesota
TeleCenter, 172 E. Fourth St., St. Paul, MN 55101.
Wildlife artist Daniel Smith painting the wolves of Minnesota's northern Boundary
- Balance of Nature: The Russian Grey Wolf.
1993. 56:08 minutes.
Tomwil, 4905 Gentry Ave., Valley Village, CA 91607.
The status of the gray wolf in Russia and other republics of the former
- Canis Lupus Returns.
1995. 58 minutes.
UWTV, P.O. Box 3106, Laramie, WY 82071.
An examination of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife's wolf reintroduction into Idaho and
Yellowstone National Park.
- Caught in a Trap. Friends of Animals, 777 Post Rd., Suite 205, Darien,
Edited and narrated version of the video Alaska Wolf Control: Live Wolves
in Snares Being Shot included in this list.
- Cry of the Wild. 1989. 80 minutes.
NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box 1360, Minocqua,
Director Bill Mason's filming of a captive wolf pack.
- Death of a Thousand Wolves (Outdoor Life Network: Earth Rescue).
2001. 25 minutes. Custom Recording & Sound, Inc., 3907 Custer Dr., Boise, ID
Recent history of Minnesota's wolf delisting controversy.
Produced by Apenglow Films.
- Faded Footsteps.... Silent Howls. 1989. 28 minutes. Cooperative Educational Service
Agency #7, 595 Baeten Rd., Green Bay, WI 54304.
Mainly about Wisconsin's wolves and how people react to them. There is also
some information about human reaction to wolves over the centuries.
- Family of Wolves. 1990. 25 minutes. Capital Cities/ABC Video Publishing, Inc., P.O.
Box 3815, Stamford, CT 06905.
About Jenny Ryon's pack of captive Canadian wolves used for research on
- Follow the Timber Wolf (North American Animal Series). 1996. 30
minutes. Wild Life Unlimited Foundation, Vesper, WI.
A year in the life of a wolf pack from its formation, birth of pups and
their rearing, and growth of the pack. Photographed by Bill Porter, Sr.
- Following the Tundra Wolf. 1975. 45 minutes. Vestron Video, P.O. Box 10382,
Stamford, CT 06901.
The story of the predator-prey relationship between the tundra wolf and the
caribou. This film teaches you about the ecology, behavior, and evolution of the
tundra wolf and its prey. Narrated by Robert Redford.
- Front Runner. 1992. 29 minutes. The Heartland Series, WBIR-TV, 1513 Hutchinson
Ave., Knoxville, TN 37917.
An award-winning TV show about the reintroduction of the red wolf.
- Highlights of the International Wolf Center Ambassador Pack. 2002. 56 minutes.
International Wolf Center, 1396 Hightway 169,
Ely, MN 55731.
- In the Wild: In the Company of Wolves with Timothy Dalton. 1993. 56 minutes. PBS
Video, Public Broadcasting Service, 1320 Braddock Place, Alexandria, VA 22314.
Includes a lot of footage of Dalton and L. David Mech observing
- In Praise of Wolves. 1990. 50 minutes. NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box 1360,
Minocqua, WI 54548.
Naturalist R.D. Lawrence's interaction with a pack of captive wolves.
- Jimmy Wilson's® Wolf. 1998. 25 minutes. Jimmy Wilson Co., P.O. Box
3641, Minneapolis, MN 55403.
An excellent videotape for all age levels. Included are insights and facts
about wolves from L.D. Mech, Nancy Gibson, Jim Brandenburg, and a Native
American. This brief videotape is packed with much wonderful wolf activity.
- On Nature's Terms: People and Predators Co-Existing in Harmony. 2001. 25 minutes.
Wildfutures, 353 Wallace Way,
NE Suite 12, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.
- Return of the Wolves. 1993. 58 minutes. University of Utah Press, 101 USB, Salt Lake
City, UT 84112.
Chronicles the controversial attempts to reintroduce the wolf into
- Shadow Wolves. 1998. 30 minutes. A KUED film presented by
Bonneville Worldwide Entertainment, Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, Suite
315, Salt Lake City, UT 84110.
- The Snow Wolves. 1997. 60 minutes. Bonneville Worldwide
Entertainment, Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, Suite 315, Salt Lake City,
A look at the natural history of wolves in Yellowstone and Denali National
Parks and the Canadian Arctic. Included are clips of the red wolf and Mexican
- The Story Teller: An Encounter with a Wild Wolf. 1995. 28 minutes. Gone Wild
Video, 1108 14th St., Suite 254, Cody, WY 82414.
A wild wolf tells its story in this narration-free video.
- The Wolf: A Howling in America's National Parks. 1989. 30 minutes. Zion Natural
History Association, Zion National Park, Springdale, UT 84767.
Narrated by Robert Redford.
- The Wolf: Beyond the Fairy Tale. 1993. 29 minutes. Natural Areas Association, P.O.
Box 3308, St. George, UT 84771.
Through song, Native American Jack Gladstone tells the story of the U.S. wolf's
blight. Good footage of wolf behavior.
- The Wolf: Real or Imagined? 1992. 28 minutes. Montanans for Quality Television,
P.O. Box 8355, Missoula, MT 59807.
Learn how past portrayals of the wolves affect the real wolf today.
Includes a study guide.
- The Wolf: Returns to Yellowstone. 1997. 19:38 minutes. Yellowstone Gray
Wolf Restoration Project, P.O. Box 168, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190.
Narrated by Jane Fonda.
- Through Wolf Eyes: The Story of a Gray Wolf. 1995. 33 minutes. Rising Tide
Communications, P.O. Box 105, Falmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada B0P 1L0
Lucas, an old wolf, tells his life story. An interactive video primarily for
children, but can be enjoyed by all ages. It comes with an interactive
- Timberwolf Video . 1989. 30 minutes. Timber Wolf Alliance, Sigurd Olson
Environmental Institute, Northland College, Ashland, WI 54806.
Good pictures of newborn pups in a den. A general video about
- Voices in the Wild . 1991. 50 minutes. MPI Home Video. Available in stores that
specialize in video sales.
This video is about the conflict between man and the great predators: the
wolf and the bear. It is from Mutual of Omaha's Spirit of Adventure TV series.
- Was that a Wolf?: A Video Guide to Wolf Identification. 1992. 16 minutes. Montanans
for Quality Television, P.O. Box 8355, Missoula, MT 59807
Learn how to distinguish wolves from dogs and coyotes.
- White Wolf. 1988. 60 minutes. National Geographic Society, Educational Services,
1145 17th St., N.W., Washington, DC 20036. Available in stores that specialize in video
Follow a pack of Arctic wolves.
- Wild Wolves with David Attenborough (PBS Home Video). 1997. 60
minutes. WGBH, 15 Gregory Dr., South Burlington, VT 05403.
Features wild wolves from all over the world.
- Winter Wolf. 1990. 30 minutes. Miramar, 200 Second Ave. West, Seattle, WA 98119.
A wolf videotape for children: the story of Callie, a 14 year old Native American
girl and her adventures with wolves.
- Wolf (Predators of the Wild series). 1990. 51 minutes. Warner Home Video, 4000
Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91522.
Northern Spain wolf packs.
- Wolf Adventure (Audubon's Animal Adventures - The National Audubon
Society's Family Wildlife Series). 1997. 30 minutes. HBO Home Video, 1100
Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036.
- Wolf: Return of a Legend . 1993. 50 minutes. Capital Cities/ABC Video Publishing,
Inc., P.O. Box 3815, Stamford, CT 06905.
This is Jim Dutcher's filming of wolves in a 20 acre enclosure in Idaho's Sawtooth
Mountains. Part of the ABC World of Discovery TV series.
- Wolf Haven: The Vision. 1995. 40 minutes. Videoland Productions, 805 College St.,
S.E., Lacey, WA 98503.
A tour of Wolf Haven International at Tenino, WA and the story of its founding.
- Wolf Nation. 1995. 30 minutes. Mystic Fire Video, Inc., P.O. Box 422,
New York, NY 10012, (212) 941-0999.
The Northern Arapaho Wolf Society shares its sacred Wolf Dance and the wolf's
teachings. Included is footage of the return of wolves to
Yellowstone National Park.
- Wolf Teacher: A Modern Wolf Saga. 1991. 30 minutes. Clem & Jethro Lecture
Service, Box 5817, Santa Fe, NM 87502.
Shaman, the wolf, travels to classrooms to teach about wolves and the
- Wolves. 1989. 60 minutes. Available in stores that specialize in videotape sales.
A National Audubon Society videotape narrated by Robert Redford.
- Wolves. 1996. 30 minutes. The Friendly Forest Club(TM).
This is a quick-paced, educational video about wolves for children.
- Wolves. 1999. 56 minutes. WolfCo Productions, Inc. Available from
the National Wildlife Federation, Order/Contribution Dept., P.O. Box 9004,
Winchester, VA 22604.
The National Wildlife Federation's presentation of the IMAX®
large-screen film. Includes footage not in the theatre version.
- Wolves: A Legend Returns to Yellowstone. 2000. 60 minutes.
National Geographic Video.
Amazing photography of real wild wolves in Yellowstone National Park.
- Wolves and Wapiti. 1996. 25 minutes. A "Wild Encounters" video by
Karvonen Films, Inc. and distributed by Superior Home Video
(Purchase at www.amazon.com).
About the wolves and wapiti of Yellowstone and Jasper National Parks. Script
by Dick Dekker.
- Wolves at Our Door. 1997. 50 minutes. Distributed by Discovery
Channel Video a division of Discovery Communications, Inc., Bethesda, MD 20814.
About Jim Dutcher's Sawtooth Mountains pack. A sequel to the video Wolf:
Return of a Legend included in this list.
- Wolves in Yellowstone. 1997. 25 minutes. The Benefactory, Inc., One
Post Rd., Fairfield, CT 06430, 800-PAWPAL-1.
Animation of the book of the same name plus real footage of Yellowstone wolf
- A Natural Christmas. 1992. Cassette and CD. NorthWord Press, Inc.,
P.O. Box 1360, Minocqua, WI 54548.
The music of wolves is included.
- A Walk in the Forest. 1993. CD. The Special Music Co. and Pair
Records, 560 Sylvan Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632.
Includes a segment of wolf barking and howling.
- Blues Wolf. 1999. Cassete and CD. NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box 1360,
Minocqua, WI 54548.
- Classical Wolf. 1992. Cassette and CD. NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box 1360,
Minocqua, WI 54548.
Wolf talk mixed with classical music.
- Even Wolves Dream. 1993. Cassette. New World Cassettes, Paradise
Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8RH, England.
- Howling Harmonies. Cassette and CD. NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box 1360,
Minocqua, WI 54548.
- Howls and Growls: A Compilation of Wolf and Coyote Vocalizations made at
Wolf Park. 2000. CD. Wolf Park,
Battle Ground, IN 47920.
- Jazz Wolf. 1993. Cassette and CD. NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box 1360, Minocqua,
Wolf howls and contemporary jazz.
- Legend of the Wolf. 1995. Cassette. Solitudes Ltd., 1131A Leslie St., Suite 401,
Toronto, Canada M3C 3L8.
- Nature's Symphony of the Night: A Chorus of Wolves, Coyotes, Loons, Owls,
Crickets and Frogs. 1993. Cassette and CD. World Disc Productions, Inc.,
915 Spring St., Friday Harbor, WA 98250.
- New Age Wolf. Cassette and CD, NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box 1360, Minocqua, WI
Wolf talk mixed with new age melodies.
- The Language and Music of the Wolves. (1971, 1986). Cassette. AUDIO Partners,
Inc. P.O. Box 6930, Auburn, CA 95604.
Produced by the American Museum of Natural History, New York. Side One:
Sounds of the Wolf. Side Two: The Wolf You Never See, narrated by Robert
- Timberwolf in the Tall Pines. 1990. Cassette and CD. RYCODISC, Pickering Wharf
Bldg. C-3G, Salem, MA 01970.
Sounds of timber wolves and their environment.
- Voices of Algonquin Park (Loon, Barred Owl, Moose, Wolf). 1986. The Friends of
Algonquin Park, Box 248, Whitney, ON K0J 2M0, Canada.
- Wailing Wolves. 1993. CD. Sittelle, Rue des Jardins, 38710 Mens, France.
Six recordings of Algonquin Park, Canada wolves and three recordings of free-
running European wolves in a park in France.
- Whales, Wolves & Eagles of Glacier Bay (of the Wild Sanctuary series).
1994. Cassette. NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box 1360, Minocqua, WI 54548.
A Bernie Krause recording.
- Wild Sounds of the Northwoods. 1994. Cassette. NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box
1360, Minocqua, WI 54548.
Sounds of 100 northwoods species, including the timber wolf.
- Wolf Magic: A Magical Blend of Music and the Sounds of Nature.
1995. Cassette and CD. Metacom, Inc. 5353 Nathan Lane, Plymouth, MN 55442.
- WolfSong. 1994. Cassette and CD. NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box 1360, Minocqua,
- Wolf Song: The Relaxing Sounds of Pure Nature (NatureSong - Pure
Nature Series). 1998. Cassette and CD.
International Wolf Center, 1396
Hwy. 169, Ely, MN 55731.
- Wolf Talk. 1992. Cassette and CD. NorthWord Press, Inc., P.O. Box 1360, Minocqua,
Wolf howls and other animal sounds.
- Wolves and Humans Volume I: Wolf Vocalizations. 1986. Cassette.
Science Museum of Minnesota.
Fred Harrington tells about his wolf communication research.